Sunday, January 25, 2009

beautiful hangzhou

Hangzhou is beautiful. I caught an amazing sunset last night and then spent the day today riding around West Lake on a rented bike (only $2!) with frequent stops. Seeing the carved rock statues @ Linying Temple was definitely the highlight.

Here are some pics from the day. I head to Hong Kong tomorrow and am DYING with excitement re: the warmer temps. I'm sick of freezing every day and schlepping to/from the communal shower room in my down jacket (there's no central heating here).

Happy Lunar New Year!

















pimp my ride!















hands... touching hands... reaching out...




















elephant in profile



















laughing buddha















day one sunset on west lake















2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos Jennifer! I wish I was there with you. (LOVE the sunset ones).

    ReplyDelete
  2. hangzhou is where my maternal ancestors are from. hurray!

    ReplyDelete